Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Life at the Moment

Alternate Title One:

If Blogging were the same as Tweeting

Alternate Title Two:

Why Tweeting is such a Stupid Thing unless used as a Tool to Spark an Egyptian Revolution

Alternate Title Three:

How I Learned to stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Alternate Title Four:

Mommy, Why is Editing so Important?



We live here:



With snow:



Here is the paper-recycling dumpster I use when I go to dump once a week:



Here are two other bins at the same dump:



Here is our car at the dump:



Here is the entrance to the dump driving into the sun:



We buy our gasoline here:


Why?
The Oversized American Flag of course!

All together now - USA! USA! USA! USA!



We go to this gym 3-4 times a week:



On the way there we drive down this road:



Turn left at the Bingo Hall (Newfoundlanders are always welcome):



And right at the big new casino sign:



Past the largest hotel complex in NC!



Who could forget the Tomahawk Mall?



And Bears.



Lots of Bears.
19 in fact.
For information about the Cherokee Bears go here:

http://www.cherokee-nc.com/index.php?page=140

Check this out for more "Cow Parade" inspiration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CowParade#Similar_projects


Love the Patriotic bear!



All together now - USA! USA! USA! USA!


Can you see the two bears in this photo? I can.



Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!



We play music with our friends at this house on Wednesday nights, and occasionally Saturday afternoons:



On Thursdays we travel to Asheville, NC for the day.
Kane takes mandolin lessons here:



We both take voice lessons here:


Voice lessons.
WTF?
Does that make me a Nancy Boy?
I wonder.


We buy most of our groceries here:


The worst grocery store ever.
No wonder the Cherokee struggle with diabetes.
And no express checkout.
WTF?
Again.


We go to this post office 3 times a week:



This Saturday I took two broken handles to this place:


I remarked to Kane before I went over there, "I'm surprised that old guy is still alive." Well, he's not. Died of cancer this past September. His son in law took over the operation for him and replaced my 3 lb. hammer handle (brought all the way from Newfoundland) and the axe handle (brought all the way from CT) for $10.50. Thanks, unnamed friendly son in law man!


On most Tuesday nights I go bowling here with Bil:



The Tuesday after the Super Bowl in honor of the Packer victory, I channeled all the athleticism of Uncle Pete and bowled my highest game ever:



Followed by an even higher game:


Well said - bowling alley computer screen!
Well said.